As times change, malpractice litigation is occurring more frequently with potentially devastating consequences to a lawyer or law firm.
It is increasingly important for the liability insurer you choose to be well established, financially stable, and devoted to safeguarding policyholders from meritless claims.
Many factors go into determining your firm’s eligibility with each carrier.
Some insurance carriers provide special discounts for some areas of practice and charge larger premiums for other areas. Our agents will help your firm analyze each carrier’s policy highlighting and reviewing areas such as:
- Special defense expense benefit – for attorney discipline proceedings
- Flexible reporting period ("tail" coverage)
- Three-year "tail" at no additional premium charge - in the event of death, disability or retirement
- Employment practices liability – for alleged acts or omissions in the workplace
- Zero deductible
- Career prior acts
- Unlimited "tail"
- Claim expense outside limit of liability
- First dollar defense